1 TBSP olive oil
1 small onion, small dice
1 clove of garlic, minced
200 grams arborio rice
4 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
50 ml of white wine
600 ml chicken broth
200 grams of strawberries, sliced
50 grams of arugula
50 grams parmesan cheese
50 grams prosciutto
Yields: 2 large dinner portions or 4 smaller starter portions.
Risotto 101: You must stir it constantly for about 20-30 minutes making sure to add broth to it when it begins to dry up. Do this until rice is al dente.
1. In a non-stick ceramic pan sauté onions in olive oil until translucent, then add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
2. Add in arborio rice, thyme leaves and mix in with a wooden spoon. Then add in wine and let the alcohol evaporate (20 seconds) before you begin to add in a splash at a time of broth.
3. Begin to incorporate the strawberries, a very small handful at a time. This will assure you that you don’t end up with a strawberry juice risotto, making sure to add a splash of broth when the risotto is starting to dry up.
4. At this point you are alternating between adding broth and strawberries and stirring, of course.
5. When the rice is almost al dente add in arugula and parmesan cheese, mix and prepare to serve.
6. Serve with a slice of prosciutto for garnish and maybe some extra fresh strawberries for a beautiful look.