1.5 lbs of Ground Beef (mix of chuck, short rib, sirloin)
1 lbs of Chorizo Sausage Meat
4 slices of Smoked Applewood Bacon
1 x red onion
4 x brioche burger buns
1 x block of real cheddar cheese (mature)
1 x bag of arugula
4 x eggs
1 x Classic American Mustard
1 x Sweet Chilli Sauce
1 x Butter
Yields: 4 servings
- Mix the ground beef and sausage meat together and roll 4 patties in the palm of your hand making the patties roughly the same size as your brioche bun. The patty should be pretty thick, around 1.5 inches.
- Season the patty’s with salt and pepper, make sure you season heavily (let to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes).
- Slice red onion thin.
- On a low heat melt a knob of butter in a frying pan, when melted add onions. You want to caramelize the onions so this will take around 15-20 minutes. Stir them around the pan to make sure they do not catch and burn. When caramelized leave to rest.
- Cut bacon slices in half.
- Heat frying pan on high heat, when hot add bacon around the edge of the pan and in the middle place the patties. Cook the patties for roughly 5 minutes on each side.
- When bacon is crispy place two slices on each burger patty.
- While the burger is still on the heat add 3-4 slices of cheddar cheese to the patty on top of the bacon.
- When cheese is melted, take patties off the heat and place on a chopping board to rest.
- Slightly oil the buns and place on frying pan to toast (make sure you get a char mark on the buns).
- Dress the base part of the bun with a layer of mustard and a handful of arugula.
- Clean out frying pan and heat to a medium heat with a knob of butter, fry the eggs until yolk is still runny or however you like your eggs. Once egg is cooked place one egg on each patty.
- Add your patties to the base of the bun, on the top of the bun add a layer of sweet chilli sauce and place the bun on top of the patty.
- Enjoy the taste of heaven in your mouth.
Check out Will’s latest single titled “U Take Me Higher” HERE, out on his new imprint All We Have Is Now debuting across the globe this 2020.