2 TBSP Coconut Aminos
1 T Mirin
3/4 TBSP Maple syrup
3/4 TBSP Chili oil
1 TBSP of Peanut oil
1 Onion, large, thinly sliced / 2 cups
2 Garlic cloves, grated
3 Scallions, sliced, reserve the green parts for serving
1 TBSP Ginger, grated
2 cups Shitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
1/2 cup Peas, frozen
2 Carrots, grated, approximately 1.5 cups
1 x 8 oz Water chestnut, canned and drained
8 oz, Chinese noodles
2 TBSP Peanuts, chopped, for serving
Cilantro, for garnish
Yields: 2 hefty portions or 4 lighter portions.
- Boil water for your noodles.
- In a bowl whisk together all the sauce ingredients.
- Preheat wok or pan to medium heat, add peanut oil and sautee onions, then add garlic, white parts of scallions, and ginger and work quickly in the wok for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms plus 3 TBSP of the sauce and let it reduce a bit, continuing to stir frequently.
- After 5 minutes add peas, carrots, water chestnuts, and the rest of the sauce, let it combine, and reduce to low.
- Cook the noodles and add them to your vegetables. Toss until fully coated in sauce and vegetables.
- Serve and garnish with greens of scallions, chopped peanuts, cilantro, and if you’d like a wedge of lime. Enjoy!