1 cup rolled oats
½ cup brown rice flour
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ cup almond butter
2 TBSP coconut oil
¼ cup honey
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ TBSP vanilla extract
¼ cup cacao nibs
Adapted from: The Gluten Free Vegan
Yields: 20 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine oats, brown rice flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine almond butter, coconut oil, honey, applesauce and vanilla extract. Whisk well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Add cacao nibs and stir to mix in.
- Drop by ½ TBSP of batter to prepared cookie sheet. Press down each mound very lightly with the heel of your hand.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes. Let sit and cool on cookie sheet before transferring to an airtight container for storage.
- Freeze and later toast for a great breakfast or snack alternative.